Deadline: 30 January 2017
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Public Sector Specialist in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Public Sector Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Identify and assess policy issues and communicate findings/points of view verbally and through economic and sector reports and papers including playing an active role in the dialogue with the government counterparts and/or other stakeholders as task leader or as part of the Bank teams.
- Contribute to the Bank’s reputation of excellence and topical knowledge concerning approaches to improve the performance of the public sector.
- Develop and disseminate effective approaches to address public sector management challenges and strengthen accountability, transparency and civic engagement in Argentina and other countries.
- Understand client’s needs and developmental challenges and identify entry points for public sector management and governance interventions.
- Work with country and Global Practice teams to address public sector management issues in the Country Partnership Strategies/Frameworks, lending operations, analytical work and advisory services to clients, helping to match the strategy, reforms and types of operations to the governments’ institutional context and reform pathways.
- Work to mainstream institutional development activities into Bank operations and assist clients in strengthening institutions at national and sub-national levels.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or PHD in public administration, public policy, economics, law, or similar fields and a minimum 5 years of relevant experience in development agencies and/or other organizations including governments, academia, and/or research.
- Experience in dealing with public sector management analysis, policy issues and reforms and ability to participate actively in policy-dialogue on public sector management issues with high level government officials (ministers and vice-ministers).
- Prior expertise in working in the preparation and analysis of diagnostics at the national and sub-national levels in Argentina.
- Demonstrated experience of carrying out high quality analytical work.
- Excellent English and Spanish written and oral communications skills are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.