Deadline: 27 July 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Roster for Programme Assistant in Sudan. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Roster for Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide full administrative support to the assigned programme.
- Draft, review and revise correspondence, reports and documents for proper format and content in consultation with the supervisor.
- Independently compose correspondence of administrative nature, take notes at meetings, provides informal interpretation/translation when required.
- Prepare and process travel requests for team members using GSM, arrange for visa issuance, security clearance, flight and hotel bookings, follows up travel related issues of national and international missions.
- Scan, record, refer and follow up correspondence and documents, evaluate the urgency or critical nature bringing them to the attention of the responsible staff.
- Using GSM, monitor aspects of the implementation of country activities, funds for project/programme budget levels and financial expenditures, according to the approved country workplan.
- Initiate and process different transactions in GSM, including procurement of goods and services.
Follow up with concerned parties the receipt of deliverables and finalization of payments.
- Compile background material for planning, monitoring and evaluation (including mini-review) exercises.
- Maintain and update the filing of technical documents and correspondence (soft/hard copies and databases if applicable).
- Create background reference material as appropriate; access and retrieve relevant material.
- Finalize all administrative and logistics preparations required for the organization of meetings held in the country (working groups, seminars/courses, workshops) and pay per diem to participants as appropriate (if needed).
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education supplemented by administrative/secretarial training
- University Degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset.
- At least 5 year’s progressive administrative experience.
- Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff, experts and visitors.
- Expert knowledge of English and local language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.