Deadline: 3 June 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Safeguards Analyst in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Safeguards Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Primarily responsible for maintaining safeguards compliance records through SARD’s safeguards tracking system ensuring entries in the tracking system are updated by safeguards specialists and officers.
- Primarily be responsible for ensuring that the SARD safeguards tracking system entries translate to all required safeguards entries for the PPR system.
- Contribute to the review of project safeguard documentation by SAOD-PR safeguard specialists.
- Assist SAOD-PR safeguard specialists to review in detail safeguard plans and frameworks.
- Assist in evaluating compliance of projects under implementation and follows up on post-evaluations and recommendations.
- Follow up and liaises with project teams on the status of safeguards documentation and compliance during project processing and implementation.
- Draft memos, including compliance memoranda; and monitors the status of grievance redress mechanisms and of compliance reviews, if any.
- Attend meetings as necessary, and records minutes of the initial and follow-up project meetings between SAOD-PR safeguard specialists and project teams.
- Follow up with project teams and with SDSS on identified issues.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science/Management or Sociology/Anthropology or related field.
- At least 5 year’s of work experience in ENV, IR and IP safeguards (in the context of development projects, research, or NGO initiatives).
- Working knowledge of ADB’s Safeguards Policy Statement and awareness about similar policies of other multilateral development banks and of ADB’s Developing Member Countries.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of environmental and social dimensions in development projects and programs.
- Proficiency in the development, maintenance, and administration of information management systems.
- Basic knowledge of multilateral organization’s computer applications.
- Well versed in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint applications; excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English and the national language (as required).
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location and throughout AD.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.