Deadline: 3 June 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Safeguards Analyst in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Safeguards Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Primarily responsible for maintaining safeguards compliance records through SARD’s safeguards tracking system ensuring entries in the tracking system are updated by safeguards specialists and officers.
- Primarily be responsible for ensuring that the SARD safeguards tracking system entries translate to all required safeguards entries for the PPR system.
- Contribute to the review of project safeguard documentation by SAOD-PR safeguard specialists.
- Assist SAOD-PR safeguard specialists to review in detail safeguard plans and frameworks.
- Assist in evaluating compliance of projects under implementation and follows up on post-evaluations and recommendations.
- Follow up and liaises with project teams on the status of safeguards documentation and compliance during project processing and implementation.
- Draft memos, including compliance memoranda; and monitors the status of grievance redress mechanisms and of compliance reviews, if any.
- Attend meetings as necessary, and records minutes of the initial and follow-up project meetings between SAOD-PR safeguard specialists and project teams.
- Follow up with project teams and with SDSS on identified issues.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science/Management or Sociology/Anthropology or related field.
- At least 5 year’s of work experience in ENV, IR and IP safeguards (in the context of development projects, research, or NGO initiatives).
- Working knowledge of ADB’s Safeguards Policy Statement and awareness about similar policies of other multilateral development banks and of ADB’s Developing Member Countries.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of environmental and social dimensions in development projects and programs.
- Proficiency in the development, maintenance, and administration of information management systems.
- Basic knowledge of multilateral organization’s computer applications.
- Well versed in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint applications; excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English and the national language (as required).
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location and throughout AD.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.