Deadline: 27 September 2018
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Secretary, Mental Health in Ankara, Turkey. The duration of this post is 33 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Secretary, Mental Health will perform the following functions:
- Draft correspondence and documents based on written/verbal prompts from the professional staff of the unit.
- Compose and finalize correspondence of administrative nature.
- Provide rough translation or synopsis of incoming mail, takes notes at meetings, types reports and other documentation.
- Assists with the administrative preparation and conduct of regional meetings and educational activities, in accordance with established procedures.
- Make travel arrangements for duty travels and, in accordance with established procedures, prepares approval memorandum, travel authorizations and follows up on issue of duty travel reports.
- Prepare correspondence for the recruitment of consultants and staff; arranges briefing appointments and provides secretarial support for them while in EURO.
- Processe agreements for performance of work and other types of contractual arrangements as required and related correspondence follows up on deadlines of such agreements/contracts and prepares payment instructions.
- Initiate action to process or follow up on correspondence, documentation and forms. Creates background files and compiles reference material as appropriate.
- Access and retrieve information from relevant databases and updates as required.
- Respond to and acts on telephone inquiries and requests for information.
- Assess the critical nature of technical inquiries and refers them to appropriate staff for reply.
- Coordinate appointments for supervisor(s) and organizes programmes for visitors.
- Provide briefing and guidance to staff at all levels in the unit/programme on office practices and procedures.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Equivalent to graduation from secondary school or technical or commercial school.
- Higher education from an accredited educational institution.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the secretarial/administrative field.
- Proficiency in the use of standard office software (MS Office applications) and note-taking.
- Operation of computerized systems and databases.
- Expert knowledge of English and Turkish.
- Nationality of Turkey.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.