Deadline: 11 July 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Admin and Finance Associate in Manila, Philippines.
The Senior Admin and Finance Associate will supervise a small team performing administrative and finance support services, as well as transactions in administration and logistics, ensuring efficient, client oriented and effective service delivery.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Admin and Finance Associate will perform the following functions:
- Implement the control mechanism for administrative services, including maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures.
- Execute designated transactional/certification roles in UNOPS system.
- Manage commitments and expenditures.
- Ensure that processing of Purchase Orders (POs); performance of reconciliation activities on purchase orders such as close and cancel POs and similar.
- Admin and Finance
- Ensure effective and efficient provision of logistics and asset management support services and in compliance with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Manage, co-ordinate and supervise processes and services in shipments and customs clearance, travel, events management, supply and assets management services, inventory control, issuance of inventory items and supplies, administrative surveys, transportation services and insurance, building/facilities/space management, office supplies.
Authoritatively interprets organizational procedures and precedents to provide guidance for complex or unusual cases and situations.
- Oversee implementation of logistics system in accordance with UNOPS logistical procedures.
- Team Management
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Information and Knowledge Management
- Synthesize and disseminate best practices, standards, tools, and information to internal collaborators and networks.
- Participate, organize and deliver trainings for the operations/ projects staff in administration/logistics/finance with the support, when appropriate, of the Head of Support Services Office.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school/high school is required.
- First University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent disciplines is desirable but not required.
- In the absence of a degree, administrative certification is an asset.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in general administrative, logistics, or operations, finance support services in national or international public or corporate organizations.
- University degree (bachelor’s, Master’s) may substitute some years of the required experience.
- Some experience in UNOPS or UN systems is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in handling of web-based management systems is essential.
- Experience in use of Enterprise systems including One UNOPS is highly desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of a second UN or regional working language is an asset.
- Nationality of Philippines.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.