Deadline: 5 March 2019
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Administration Associate in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Senior Administration Associate will coordinate the delivery of quality, client-focused, value-for-money oriented administration services.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Administration Associate will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Coordinate and facilitate the training of WFP Corporate Programmes i.e. ARCHIBUS, GEMS, FleetWave, Travel.
- Promote and support, Staff welfare in the bureau and region in collaboration with the Occupational Safety and Health focal point, the corporate OSH policy.
- Lead and embed a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
- Assist in the establishment and preparedness of a regional administration emergency response team whom will be able to deploy to assist in emergency activities throughout the Asia Pacific region.
- Support management of WFP resources in the area of responsibility in occupational health and safety, WFP facilities, assets, light vehicle fleet, etc., monitor requirements and contribute to the estimation of new requirements to facilitate efficiency and cost-effectiveness of operations and services.
- Coordinate regionally the provision of a range of services such as facilities management, travel, protocol and light vehicle management related, etc., reporting and recommending solutions to rectify any major issues, to ensure the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment for WFP staff.
- Undertake in-depth analyses throughout the region of a range of data and compile and prepare comprehensive reports in order to contribute to the provision of accurate information for informative decision-making and to support the effective and timely management of WFP resources.
- Regionally Coordinate, monitor and process administrative actions related to procurement, finance, human resources, etc., including contracts with external vendors, to ensure all data is accurately and timely recorded, processed in WFP corporate systems and any operational issues addressed.
- Contribute to the revisions and updates of WFP administrative processes and plan, to ensure the continuous improvement of administration services and smooth implementation in the area of responsibility.
- Answer a range of complex queries, supporting resolution of various daily issues in order to facilitate the maintenance of the right contacts and support partnerships and activities with local authorities and various vendors in the area of responsibility.
- Supervise and guide a team of staff, acting as a point of referral for them and support them in carrying out their responsibilities, to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with the relevant regulations, policies and procedures, and performance plans.
- Provide training and guidance to staff in interpretation of administrative procedures, policies, processes, and use of corporate systems, to ensure consistency and efficiency of services provided to all clients.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Completion of Secondary school education.
- Post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field is desirable.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible work experience in administration related work experience with public or private organization.
- Demonstrated a sound understanding of administrative operating standards to resolve the issues through day to day work.
- Provided ad-hoc guidance to new staff members.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience and in-depth understanding of Admin principles and their application to respond to and resolve a range of complex Admin queries.
- Proficiency in advanced MS Office skills in Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Working knowledge of SAP would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with UN procedures and practices, desirable.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WFP.