Deadline: 3 June 2020
UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Coordination Advisor in Brussels, Belgium. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNCDF makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 47 least developed countries (LDCs).
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Coordination Advisor will perform the following functions:
- Monitor EU policies, strategic planning and identify programming opportunities (10%).
- Coordinate and facilitate dialogue and partnership building with EU institutions and Brussels based partners (including notably the UN family) (30%).
- Lead UNCDF outreach and visibility efforts in Brussels (30%).
- Ensure quality of contractual commitments (30%).
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree -masters or equivalent- in public administration, business management and administration, planning, economics, environmental science, political sciences, social sciences or related field.
- Minimum 10 year’s of relevant and progressive working experience in the area of development, of which at least 8 year’s at the international level.
- At least 7 year’s of experience with European Union institutions including EU policymaking, strategic planning and/or programming; experience with several EU institutions is preferred.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience of and/or in developing countries, with preference for experience focused on LDCs.
- Work experience in developing countries and Least Developed Countries is an asset.
- Prior experience and familiarity with key and emerging issues related to EU priority areas.
- Proven communication and advocacy skills, and ability to work in an environment requiring liaison and collaboration with multiple actors including government representatives, donors and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience with local government finance, local development, digital financial inclusion, and financial instruments (loans and/or guarantees) is preferred.
- Experience with a UN organization-agency in an Least Developed Country LDC is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with formulating and/or managing EU-funded programmes and projects is highly desirable.
- Experience with UNDP/UNCDF Rules and Processes is desirable.
- English and French are working offical languages of the United Nations.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and French is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is considered a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information,visit UNCDF.