Deadline: 31 December 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Executive Assistant in Rabat, Morocco. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Senior Executive Assistant will be responsible to provide the most comprehensive administrative and executive assistance to the Country Director.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Executive Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Executive Assistance
- Provide with the highest level of discretion, a wide range of executive assistance and administrative support to the Country Director, including managing the schedule and prioritizing the workflow of the office to ensure effective time management: arranging appointments and missions, independently resolving scheduling conflicts, screening and prioritizing incoming emails and correspondences with relevant stakeholders across all Bank Group institutions and outside the bank, and monitoring office activities and deliverables to ensure appropriate and timely follow-up.
- Set up Business Planning meetings and coordinate all meetings with the CD to ensure the team meets business planning targets.
- Coordinate agenda, prepare materials, take minutes and monitor follow-up actions as a member of regional Department Management Team (DMT)
- Monitoring Quality
- Provide leadership on quality control of documents to ensure consistency and compliance with Bank standards and procedures as well as establish and maintain effective monitoring, tracking, filing and retrieval systems.
- Coordinate and monitor work processes, documents, and evaluation reports for editorial quality assurance and timely processing and delivery, to ensure that management decisions and directives are properly carried out.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on the diverse range of Country office products/services and provide guidance on relevant procedures and practices to staff
- Representation Contacts and Liaison
- Interact with an extensive network of country office stakeholder contacts (internal and external to the WBG) at the most senior level –both internal and external visitors/callers and dignitaries.
- Maintain regular contact both informally and formally with a wide range of staff, especially in the other MNC01 country offices, and clients to stay abreast of emerging issues requiring CD attention and establishing a program of systematic interaction with staff and follow up.
- Collaborate closely with other Executive Assistants within and outside of the region
- Administration of Front Office Support
- Responsible for the overall quality, organization, and supervision of country Office support.
- Provide leadership and guidance to ACS staff in respect to relevant issues related to ACS staff.
- Involved in coaching/mentoring other ACS, and organizing, supervising and coordinating the workflow and work program of ACS teamAssume role as member of the security management team
- General Office Support
- Ensure smooth operations of ongoing administrative functions including environment, space, equipment and information retrieval system.
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Coordinate ACS staff, including work flow.
- Responsible for internal and external recruitment of ACS, liaise with HR team with respect to job posting/grading that these are in accordance with established criteria and policies.
- Other Duties
- Undertake other duties and ad hoc assignments that may be assigned from time to time, including during absences and/or heavy work periods.
Applicants must have:
- High School diploma with minimum 10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in the public or private sector.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to interact with an extensive network of contacts at all levels, both internally and externally, and demonstrated ability to respond and deal effectively with diverse situations by exercising good judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written.
- Document review skills and editorial capabilities will be considered an advantage.
- Fluency in Arabic; French.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, ability to coach, inspire and motivate others, leading by example.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems and develop and implement appropriate action plans for successful resolution.
- Outstanding skills in organizing, prioritizing, scheduling, planning and coordinating work and other activities internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and judge priorities under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a high level of discretion.
- Proven track record in managing confidentiality. Strong personal ethics and high degree of judgment and tact in handling the most sensitive, diverse and confidential material.
- Experience interacting with staff from the offices of the Executive Directors, Senior Management, Corporate Secretariat, and other relevant units.
- Proficiency computer skills, particularly in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and in using information databases, internet/intranet services and library sources and the ability to help organize data and information retrieval systems.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.