Deadline: 1 April 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Executive Assistant in Tunis, Tunisia.
The Senior Executive Assistant will provide administrative and secretarial support services to the country representative and to the deputy representative.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Executive Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Help manage the immediate office operations with respect to communications, meetings and work flow; identify complex or sensitive subjects, and contacts, for special treatment as well as priority issues that need to be brought to the supervisor’s attention.
- As appropriate, provides information and guidance to staff at all levels within the organizational unit to ensure understanding of intent and deadlines.
- Establish internal tracking systems and procedures for correspondence and documents; monitor work progress and cases of priority and concern to the supervisor.
- Communicate sensitive information to senior level managers and coordinate responses to sensitive inquiries on behalf of the supervisor.
- Keep abreast of activities of importance, latest policies, procedures and organizational changes affecting the team.
- Establish and maintain a records management system containing reference materials and confidential records as required.
- Follow up on the preparation by staff of reports, correspondence, briefing notes and other documents for the supervisor’s reference.
- Review these documents for appropriate format and style, in accordance with standard practices.
- Select and make pertinent abstracts and undertake searches for information as directed.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of Secondary School Education.
- High School Diploma, and business courses or other relevant disciplines.
- Pass the UN clerical test in English and French.
- 6 years of experience in administration, executive office management.
- Knowledge and skills in using corporate executive systems as well as standard office computer applications.
- Previous experience in international organizations especially United Nations or and Bretton Woods Institutions or embassies an asset.
- Computer literacy and the ability to effectively use standard office software tools and other office technology to create documentation, exchange and archive e-mail, and maintain electronic filing systems.
- 5 years of office support work experience, including, organizing and supervising the whole range of office support and administrative activities.
- Fluency in French, in English and in Arabic is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.