Deadline: 24 February 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Financial Sector Economist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Financial Sector Economist will perform the following functions-
- Lead and / or contribute in the development of strategies for the financial sector in Central West Asia, covering major related aspects such as banking, non-bank financial intermediation, Islamic finance, microfinance, infrastructure finance, equity and bond markets, contractual savings, and market infrastructure (including legal and regulatory environment, clearing and payments systems, governance, etc.), among others, in consultation with relevant government entities and Resident Missions (RMs).
- Lead and / or contribute extensively to policy dialogue to assist governments in undertaking financial and capital markets development and reforms, ensure efficient use of resources, and encourage participation of the private sector.
- Lead in development of quality and compliance of financial sector lending and non-lending products and operations.
- Ensure compliance with ADB’s policies, operations manuals, project administration instructions and assistance related documentations and work closely with internal teams and resource departments, and externally with clients and supervise critical tasks, as may be assigned from time to time.
- Participate in the supervision of loan and TA projects in the financial sector, with high levels of risk and complexity, and possibly conflicting stakeholder interests.
- Lead, design, process, and implement regional technical assistance projects (RETAs) on financial sector policies and market development.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Trade or relevant fields.
- Minimum 10 year’s relevant professional experience in the financial sector and capital markets development and reforms, including international work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of financial sector and development issues in Asia.
- Significant expertise within a specific area of ADB’s financial sector operations, or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area.
- Experience dealing with anticorruption issues in a development country context.
- Good understanding and experience in the overall tasks needed in the preparation of policy projects, including project identification and conceptualization, analysis of relevant policies, preparing studies and reports, and coordination with external stakeholders, consultants, and government agencies.
- Good skills and experience in coordinating and working with teams of professionals such as for technical, social and environmental safeguards, economic assessments and procurement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.