Deadline: 14 December 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Governance Specialist in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals first is reducing extreme poverty to 3% by 2030 and second is promoting shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40% of the population in every country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Governance Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Task manage the Bank’s analytical, lending, and grant operations pertaining to public sector and governance reforms in AFCF1 countries with a primary focus on Senegal, Guinea Bissau, and Mauritania.
- Provide high quality advisory services on public sector and governance issues to internal and external clients with a particular focus on decentralization, service delivery.
- Provide advice and support to other World Bank sector operations and policy dialogue related to public sector reform, service delivery, economic governance, security sector reform, Public Financial Management, and institutional aspects.
- Manage the preparation and supervision of assigned tasks and deliverables and ensure effective delivery of programs requested by the Country Management Unit.
- Generate and exchange knowledge relating to governance issues.
- Support the Practice Manager in work program discussions, business development and supervising the quality and timeliness of work program deliverables.
- Contribute to corporate tasks such as the preparation of country briefs and inputs to thematic notes.
- Contribute to the organization of seminars/workshops on governance issues.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Advanced degree in public policy/administration, economics, public financial management, political science, finance, or another related field.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience.
- Strong experience/knowledge in governance in sector and service delivery.
- Strong experience in Bank operations.
- Experience in political economy desirable.
- Experience in quality control of reports and consultants.
- Experience in TF and result-based lending would be an advantage.
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently and effectively both remotely and face-to-face.
- Work experience in IDA and fragile situations desired.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Knowledge of Portuguese desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WBG.