Deadline: 17 July 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Government Relations Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Government Relations Officer will perform the following functions-
- Enhance and sustain liaison and good relations with host government agencies/offices to facilitate implementation of privileges and immunities granted to ADB and its personnel in accordance with the HQ Agreement.
- Document, verify, provide recommendations and executes appropriate response actions on new legislation and government policies affecting ADB and its personnel’s immunities and privileges.
- Establish effective networking in the Philippines and in field offices to address ADB’s government liaison and diplomatic mission programs and initiatives.
- Create awareness of ADB in the government agencies/offices, diplomatic missions, embassies and consulates, and other related institutions.
- Monitor and assess the political situation in the Philippines and constant changes in government functionaries.
- Liaise with the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and other relevant agencies on Presidential and VIP airport facilitation.
- Ensure timely and smooth processing of ADB requests for airport facilitation and contributes to the enhancement of programs to streamline related work processes.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Law, or related fields.
- Preferably with Master’s Degree or equivalent.
- At least 10 year’s of relevant work experience managing liaison with Philippine government agencies/offices, and in dealing with diplomatic entities and at least 5 year’s of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the privileges and immunities of ADB and its personnel under the Headquarters Agreement between ADB and the Philippine Government, and supplemental agreement and understandings, an advantage
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of government procedures related the privileges and immunities of ADB and ADB personnel, an advantage
- Excellent computer skills with thorough knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software used in multilateral organizations.
- Thorough knowledge of ADB’s or other multicultural organizations’ standard IT platforms and familiarity with database management systems and other types of software/systems would be an advantage.
- Ability to handle high volume of work in tight time constraint without loss of accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.