Deadline: 31 December 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Internal Auditor in Rome, Italy.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Internal Auditor will perform the following functions-
- Lead a major audit segment in WFP, manage and coordinate highly specialized or multidisciplinary audit teams (e.g. direct and review work of professional Internal Auditors, approve audit plans, strategies and audit observations, monitor outcomes and timely delivery of audit work, etc.) to ensure high performance and excellence in service delivery.
- Undertake complex or special audits in accordance with internal procedures and auditing standards to ensure proper planning, high quality and timely reporting.
- Lead work planning process including designing and managing risk assessment processes and audit steps to ensure internal control and key risks are identified and assessed.
- Hold accountability for clear, timely and accurate audit reports for organization-wide consumption.
- Evaluate internal control systems of WFP offices and make solid recommendations to promote operational effectiveness and efficiency, reliable financial reporting, and compliance with WFP strategies, policies and procedures.
- Present major audit results and recommendations to WFP senior management.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in Audit, Business and Public Administration, Finance or other related field.
- Completed internal audit certification such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or equivalent is required (or proven internal audit experience).
- Typically 11 or more years (4 of which at international level) of relevant progressively responsible experience in planning, leading and executing major internal audits in various organizations that use modern auditing techniques including auditing automated financial and management information systems and management and operational areas.
- Demonstrated record of leading audit teams and undertaking major audits.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.