Deadline: 9 August 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Land Tenure Officer in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Land Tenure Officer will perform the following functions-
- Plan, manage or lead highly specialized or multi-disciplinary teams; leads, coordinates and/or participates in Organization-wide, cross-divisional committees, project teams and working groups, and/or provides technical leadership/secretariat services on technical networks and/or international technical policy and standard setting bodies.
- Analyse global and country-specific requirements and relevant technical issues to provide critical input into the FAO Strategic Framework, Programme of Work, work plans and the supporting budgets and/or resourcing strategies.
- Implement and monitor programmes of work, involving the development of the approach, evidence-based strategies and related tools, methodologies and the supporting system/database, monitoring and reporting framework.
- Conduct, design and oversee research and analysis activities to support the development of technical standards, international instruments, innovation, technical reports, publications and/or on-going programme development as well as the provision of technical and/or policy advisory services.
- Provide technical and policy advice to Members and technical support to Decentralized Offices in the development and implementation of their programmes.
- Lead and/or collaborate in, provides technical backstopping to, and ensures the quality/effectiveness of, capacity development and knowledge sharing activities within Member countries, such as policy support, organizational development and individual learning events, including preparation of related information, learning and on-line tools.
- Represent the Organization at international meetings and conferences, identifies and implements strategic partnerships, advocates best practices and increased policy dialogue, and develops and negotiates effective working relationships/consensus and agreements with international and national stakeholders.
- Lead and/or participate in resource mobilization activities in accordance with the FAO Corporate Strategy.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in economics, geography, public policy or other related field, with a specialization in land tenure or land administration.
- 10 years of relevant experience in the areas of technical assistance to design and implement land governance and land policy reforms based on the Voluntary Guidelines on the responsible Governance of Tenure of Land,
- Fisheries and Forests in the Context of National Food Security (VGGT), land administration and management modernization, and/or analytical and knowledge development
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions.
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams and project implementation.
- Work experience in land tenure in more than one country.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing multi-stakeholder advocacy and outreach.
- Experience in land tenure and/or land administration and management and their governance, with particular emphasis on developing and transition countries, including experience in providing technical assistance to countries and/or non-state actors.
- Experience in formulating, designing and/or implementing multi-stakeholder land tenure related dialogues with governments, private sector and civil society organizations.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another official FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.