Deadline: 4 June 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Management Administrative Assistant in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Senior Management Administrative Assistant will provide assistance for the smooth operations of the Office of the Vice President (Private Sector Operations and Public-Private Partnerships).
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Management Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Plan and coordinate schedules independently in order to meet deadlines.
- Provide efficient administrative services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, coordinating supervisor’s schedule, arranging for business travels, helping prepare documents for supervisors in compliance with ADB’s standards, and properly logging correspondence and documents.
- Ensure all documents are processed following existing procedures and guidelines, coordinating review of project documents with relevant units in a timely manner, and monitoring processing timelines to meet planned approval dates.
- Support in summarizing the departments’ submissions to the Vice President.
- Coordinate various meetings, presentations, workshops, special task forces and other activities with various departments to ensure the concerned divisions are represented by supervisors.
- Ensure project documents, VPPP comments and other communications are properly maintained and filed as appropriate.
- Assist in collecting background information and conducting literature research on various subjects relevant to VPPP.
- Serves as back-up to the Executive Assistant of OVPPP.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisors.
Applicants must have-
- At least 5 years relevant work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Proficiency with office suite software, particularly MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, spreadsheets and graphics software used in multilateral organizations.
- Thorough understanding of the role and function of the division/office/department and a good general understanding of the organization’s purpose.
- Good working knowledge of procedures, formats and standards relevant in the performance of work.
- Good understanding of the interactions between different work areas and relevant work flows and their purpose, as well as business knowledge of relevant areas.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and exercise judgment on matters of confidentiality and those requiring urgent attention especially in the supervisor’s absence.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with staff within work location and throughout ADB.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.