Deadline: 22 July 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Natural Resources and Agriculture Specialist (Agribusiness) in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Natural Resources and Agriculture Specialist (Agribusiness) will perform the following functions-
- Undertake technical, operational, and market due diligence on selected private sector investments in the agribusiness sector.
- Act as an independent technical, operational, and market expert and advise PSOD and ORM on the key transaction risks and the risk management structure.
- Advise PSOD and ORM on technical, operational, and market aspects of borrowers and investee companies including an assessment of the company’s products and technologies, market and competition, production facilities, supply chain arrangements, management, management systems, etc.
- Act as project team leader for technical assistance to borrowers, investee companies, and smallholder farmers and other value chain stakeholders: draft terms of references and budgets, participate in consultant selection, and manage implementation.
- Potentially act as project team leader for investment transactions, under the supervision of PSOD.
- Contribute to the enabling environment for increased private sector investments through support in policy dialogue, consultation with stakeholders, and designing projects and technical assistance in the agribusiness sector, including preparing SOEs for commercial financing.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in food and agriculture sciences, engineering, business administration, economics or related fields or University degree combined with specialized experience in similar organizations may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 10 year’s of relevant professional experience in agribusiness companies in technical, operational, or market and strategy roles ideally in Asia.
- Additional experience in corporate lending, investment banking, private equity, or consulting in the agribusiness sector would be considered.
- Excellent technical, operational, and market expertise in several segments of the food and agribusiness value chain (agricultural inputs, farming, trading, food processing, logistics and distribution).
- Extensive knowledge and experience in developing private sector projects in the agribusiness sector.
- International experience working in several developing countries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.