Deadline: 24 December 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Operations Assistant in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Senior Operations Assistant will be responsible to perform the full range of operational and administrative support duties for the Country Director (CD), including inter-/intra-agency liaison and coordination, general office administration and management support, Uzbek-Russian-English translations, database management, document preparation, and other functions as required in support of URM activities and operations.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Maintain liaison with government authorities and agencies, development partners and other stakeholders, and ADB HQ to support and facilitate operations coordination, client and stakeholder relations, and general external relations.
- Assist office-wide activities, including senior visits from HQ and major events involving ADB at the institution level, ensures intra-office communications within URM, including dissemination of guiding information, both from within URM and from HQ, among the URM team members.
- Ensure proper and timely logging, distribution, and dispatch/delivery of incoming and outgoing communication.
- Provides efficient reception services, including call handling and message taking, in a manner in accordance with appropriate protocol, to facilitate further actions by concerned staff as appropriate.
- Handle meeting and event schedule for CD and URM, manages URM calendar electronically, makes necessary arrangements, including logistics, as required, and communicates with CD and concerned staff as appropriate to facilitate schedule management.
- Assist CD in business travel arrangements, including document preparation, logistics arrangements, inter-/intra-office coordination, and post-mission accounting activities.
- Prepare / produce briefing and supporting materials for meetings attended by CD.
- Serve as the attendance coordinator.
- Provide translation to/from the English language as required.
- Perform other duties as may be indicated in the incumbent’s workplan.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, finance, business administration, communication, public management, or any related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in office administration/support including minimum 3 years with international organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Uzbek and Russian is required.
- Very good computer skills with excellent knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheets, and graphics software used in ADB.
- Knowledge and work experience of working with Oracle based systems will be considered an asset.
- Good understanding of the role and functions of the office and a good general understanding of ADB’s purpose and operations in Uzbekistan.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds; good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Nationality of Uzbekistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.