Deadline: 10 May 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Procurement Specialist in Rabat, Morocco.
WBG has set 2 ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Procurement Specialist will perform the following-
- Works independently under general direction of the Practice Manager. Organizes and delivers procurement services in Tunisia, ensuring appropriate fiduciary and quality controls, and consistent application and interpretation of policy in making procurement decisions.
- Play a leadership and advisory role to clients and colleagues in handling complex procurement tasks and issues, which frequently cut across sectors and work units.
- Likewise, the selected candidate would lead the country dialogue as regards reform and modernization of public procurement system, to strengthen Tunisia’s legal, regulatory and institutional frameworks and build procurement capacity.
- Support client countries in achieving value for money (VFM ) in public procurement in order to enhance service delivery and development outcomes with integrity.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced degree with a major in a relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering, Law, Procurement, Finance, Business or Commerce) plus minimum 8 years of experience as Procurement Specialist or responsibilities with a substantial content in the procurement area.
- State-of-the-art knowledge of public procurement principles, systems, processes and planning, and approaches to international procurement with proven ability to independently provide well researched analyses of complex procurement issues and problems.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to defend orally and in writing difficult issues and positions (in a challenging environment as necessary) to Bank management, government officials, etc.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.