Deadline: 28 April 2022
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Assistant in Abuja, Nigeria.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide specialized programming support for the formulation of the Office’s work programme and the identification of initiatives, ensuring that required information is included in terms of proposed activities.
- Conduct searches for information on defined subjects related to assigned country programme outcomes.
- Perform preliminary analysis of information, including the identification of priority issues and potential technical assistance needs, for possible inclusion in country briefs and reports.
- Compile, analyse and disseminate data and other information for programme and budget preparation and for the review of financial and human resource requirements.
- Coordinate submissions of programme proposals and budget estimates and propose adjustments as required.
- Serve as focal point for programme and/or project administrative matters. Initiate requests, prepare standard terms of reference (TOR) in relation to programme and/or project objectives, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow up on administrative actions and resolve issues related to programme and/or project implementation.
- Review reports, proposals and expenditure data received from implementing partners to ensure that financial transactions, commitments and authorizations are in conformity with financial rules and regulations.
- Prepare reports on budget performance comparing approved budgets against actual expenditures and indicating any discrepancies.
- Maintain and update databases.
- Respond to, or redirect to the most appropriate source, complex administrative queries on programme and budget.
- Draft correspondence and communications related to all aspects of programme and/or project administration.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Training in programme and/or project administration.
- Minimum 6 year’s of office support work experience, the majority of which in programme and budget support work and project administration.
- Experience of working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, in particular programme monitoring and management modules.
- Excellent command of English.
- Working knowledge of another official language of the Organization or an official national language of the duty station.
- Good knowledge of programme and/or project administration.
- Good knowledge of results-based management (RBM).
- Knowledge and understanding of the substantive nature of ILO programmes and activities.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.