Deadline: 13 December 2019
Palladium is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Technical Advisor, Capacity Development and Sustainability at Palladium in Washington, DC, United States
Senior Technical Advisor, Capacity Development and Sustainability will be responsible for supporting the design, implementation, monitoring and documentation of HP+ capacity development objectives that contribute to sustainable and adaptive local solutions.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Technical Advisor, Capacity Development and Sustainability will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Provide technical guidance and offer innovative approaches to field and core activity design and implementation, with a focus on individual and institutional capacity development for policy, advocacy, finance, and governance efforts that promote local sustainability and eventual transitioning from donor support.
- Guide field and core program staff to develop, adapt and implement effective, innovative capacity strengthening approaches, tools, and methodologies.
- Design and implement sustainable governance, leadership, and management solutions for public and private sectors local partners.
- Work with content experts to develop high-quality training curricula and tools for other individual and institutional capacity strengthening approaches, to include coaching, facilitating skills; blended, distance, and web-based learning platforms; process co-creation, seconding, twinning; collaboration, learning, and adaptation (CLA) best practices; network analysis and strengthening.
- Design, adapt, and facilitate technical and organizational capacity assessments and support partner organizations to create and drive capacity strengthening and performance improvement plans, to include achieving readiness for USAID’s Non-U.S. Organization Pre-award Survey (NUPAS).
- Foster state-of-the-art capacity development know-how and best practices among field program teams.
- Ensure capacity development approaches lead to performance change; troubleshoot and advise or guide, when necessary on adaptations to ensure project delivery goals are met with high-quality and in a timely manner.
- Interact with internal and external resources and other experts to bring new and “cutting edge” ideas into project approaches.
- Ensure the development or finalization of high-quality, standard capacity development materials for use and adaptation across the project and other development partners.
- Manage, implement, and document project activities through writing project reports, reporting results achieved, and present outcomes and lessons learned through participation in online, social media, and international conferences and meetings.
- Contribute to the design of annual work plans and monitor labor charged against budgeted LOE
- Contribute to new business development and proposal writing, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by the Technical Director.
Applicant must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Relevant experience in capacity development.
- Master trainer and facilitator with exceptional skills in designing and conducting skills-building workshops and implementing other capacity strengthening approaches with a variety of stakeholders, from government officials, program managers, and implementers to civil society organizations, representatives of diverse community groups, and the private for-profit sector.
- Experience conducting organizational capacity assessments and supporting organizations with various levels of performance to create and drive capacity strengthening and performance improvement plans to include achieving readiness for NUPAS.
- Experience working in FP/RH, HIV and AIDS, universal health care, or health systems strengthening domains and in health policy-, advocacy-, finance-, or governance-related work.
- Deep knowledge of best practices in sustainable capacity development design, methods, performance measurement.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to develop others and to impart knowledge and experience in an accessible, clear, and respectful manner according to the stakeholder needs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills. Experience working with diverse and multicultural teams necessary.
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects and effectively communicating with USAID Washington and mission staff is required.
- Ability to speak, write and read English is required.
- Ability to work in French or other languages highly desired.
- Willingness and interest in travelling internationally up to 30%.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Palladium.