Deadline: 3 August 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter Coordinator in Kabul, Afghanistan.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Shelter Coordinator will perform following functions:
- Line management of shelter project field staff.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to shelter strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Prepare/develop narrative and budgets for proposals in conjunction with Finance and Administration Manager (FAM), Logistic Manager and PMs.
- Support the reporting of all NRC Shelter activities by donors.
- Contribute to the development of NRC’s Country strategy, action plan and activities plan and priorities in the Shelter/NFI sector.
- Support ensuring that constructions are in accordance with norms and standards.
- Ensure a constructive co-operation with NRC’s other programmes.
- Communicate regularly with the NRC construction staff, offering support and advice as relevant and taking note of their experiences and suggestions.
- Support a constructive co-operation with National authorities.
- Support constructive co-operation with other international and National NGOs as well as the UN family, particularly in the Habitat / Construction sector.
- Participate in relevant meetings.
- Actively promote the rights of IDPs/returnees.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s will be preferred.
- 3-5 year’s relevant experience.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- Financial skills including budgeting.
- Training skills.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.