Deadline: 13 February 2023
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Policy and Programme Coordinator in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Social Policy and Programme Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Manage effectively and efficiently all program activities and resources in the Philippines of the ECHO Pilot Programmatic Partnership on Increasing capacities and scale for anticipatory action including through social protection systems (OSRO/GLO/113/EC Baby 05);
- Serve as Programme Coordinator by providing overall guidance and technical supervision related to project development, implementation and monitoring and evaluation activities, among others:
- With guidance from FAO Philippines, support the advocacy efforts including preparation of position papers and policy briefs to support relevant policy agenda to social protection and anticipatory action and other relevant priority areas as well as dialogue with senior-level counterparts;
- Contribute to the mainstreaming of adaptive and shock responsive social protection and anticipatory action in key government plans and frameworks such as the Social Protection Plan, among others;
- Work with the National Social Protection Specialist to develop the FAOPH Social Protection Strategy (SPS) 2023-2025;
- Provide technical support to the government related to ASEAN frameworks and commitments on social protection;
- Coordinate with project consultants, for the implementation of the ECHO program in the country;
- Ensure the quality/substance and timely delivery of the project products and adherence to corporate rules, regulations and procedures;
- Establish and manage mechanisms for exchange of information, experience and lessons learned at the local and central levels;
- Liaise and provide technical support to FAOPH’s key government counterparts in their identified priority areas and project formulation related to social protection and anticipatory action;
Applicant must have:
- Advanced Degree in Social/Political Science, Community Development, Public Administration, Economics, Development Studies, or other related fields;
- At least 16 year’s relevant and progressive experience assisting in project implementation at the field level;
- Working knowledge (level C) of English and Tagalog;
- Nationality of Philippines.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.