Deadline: 24 July 2017
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Supply Assistant in Quito, Ecuador.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Draft submissions to Contract Review Committee.
- Maintain supplier database and files with full information, in accordance with UNICEF supply guidelines.
- Prepare Direct Orders (Purchase Orders) against existing Long Term Arrangements (LTA) ensuring that the LTA has valid quantities and lead-time meets requirements.
- Quality control and ensure accuracy of UNITRACK generated stock reports and monthly reconciliation of stock inventory reports from different offices.
- Prepare monthly stock reports on management performance indicators for warehousing operations.
- Maintain purchase order/contract files with all required procurement documentation (POs, invoices, delivery receipts, payment requests, correspondence, etc).
- Responsible for conducting local market surveys on ongoing basis.
- Correspond with offshore suppliers when required and Copenhagen for standard warehouse items and obtain LPA when required.
- Conduct market research for new products and new supplier source as well as updating new product technology.
Applicants must have –
- Completion of secondary school education is required, with courses/certifications in business administration, supply chain management, procurement or logistics considered as an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible administrative and supply-related work experience (procurement, supply or logistics) is required.
- Familiarity with UNICEF, UN supply procedures and systems is an asset.
- Fluency in English and local language of the duty station is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.