Deadline: 13 March 2023
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Supply Chain Officer (Procurement) in Jalalabad, Afghanistan.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Officer (Procurement) will perform the following functions:
- In accordance with procedures, responsible for ensuring appropriate authorizations and documentation for procurement activities in the country level.
- Implement DRC procurement policies and procedures, adhere to them and ensure proper use of them and all related standardized forms and formats.
- Closely work with Supply chain assistant and support him in daily activities and procuring the goods and services.
- Ensure that DRC office(s) receives quality goods and services at the most competitive prices.
- Assist with Supply Chain team leader in drafting new contracts and handling goods reporting when it requires.
- Make RFQ, ITB and participate in opening sessions.
- Keep up to date the procurement tracking sheet, price list and vendor list of DRC.
- Ensuring the procurement activity are carried out within policies and producers mentioned in DRC Operation Hand book and DRC Procurement Manual.
- Develop procurement plan for new project and annual procurement plan.
- Find out potential supplier to deal with them.
Applicants must have:
- BA in Business Administration, Economics
- Solid computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in Procurement operations.
- Good English writing and oral communication skills
- Good knowledge of both Dari and Pashto
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.