Deadline: 16 November 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Supply & Logistics Officer in Mbabane, Eswatini. The duration of this post is 9 months.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply & Logistics Officer will perform the following functions:
- EVM assessment
- Support MOH EPI in undertake Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) assessments to develop the EVM based Improvement Plan (cIP) and ensure the link to Immunization financing through comprehensive Multi Year Plan (cMYPs) and Health System Strengthening (HSS),
- Support the national EPI team and partners to implement cIP towards better performance across the supply chain standards,
- Monitor implementation and report progress against programmatic indicators.
- Cold Chain Equipment Management (CCEM)
- Support and/or coordinate the whole process of the CCE management including Covax
- Support the national team to complete the CCE application form and budget to the highly acceptable level,
- Follow up with countries on Cold Chain Equipment purchase and deployment through dashboard,
- Provide technical advice and support to the Immunization team to strengthen routine immunization supply chain for Cold Chain Equipment used for the storage and transport of vaccines,
- Support the CCE implementation in close collaboration with Programme Division and Supply Division and Regional Office.
- Supply Chain Strengthening and Collaboration
- Provide leadership, technical advice and guidance to MOH and Partners on strategic an operational planning, to integrate cold chain and logistics components into national plans and proposals and development / update of national strategies, tool and guidance on CCL policies and procedures integration,
- Support MOH to implement iSC interventions to improve coverage and equity,
- Assist MOH in New Vaccine application and/or HSS development,
- Identify operational weaknesses in Cold Chain and Vaccine Management and opportunities for capacity development.
Applicants must have:
- University degree is required in Business Administration, Management, Economics, social science, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, Contract/Commercial Law, International Development, Health or related field.
- Minimum 3 year’s of relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in supply, logistics, procurement, contracting, administration and/or other directly-related technical fields is required.
- Health supply chain and cold chain management experience an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.