Deadline: 12 March 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Support Manager in London, United Kingdom.
The Support Manager will be responsible for developing, organising and coordinating office facilities, support procedures and resources to ensure compliance, effectiveness and efficiency of NRC UK-‘s operations.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Support Manager will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Assume overall responsibility for the smooth functioning of the NRC UK office in accordance with NRC’s policies and procedures.
- Oversee and, when necessary, develop procedures and processes to assist the Director in efficient management of office resources such as staff, finances, and information and communication technology.
- Ensure compliance with, and adherence to, NRC’s policies, guidance, procedures, tools, and handbooks.
- Ensure compliance by NRC UK with legal and regulatory frameworks in the United Kingdom. through proper submission, filing and retention of documents, including for tax and audit purposes.
- Maintain open and effective communication with staff at NRC headquarters on administrative, HR, ICT, legal, financial, and security matters.
- Oversee the physicalspace of the office, liaising with facility management to ensure proper functioning of equipment, availability of office supplies and proper billing for extra services.
- Manage external providers of business services such as consultants, banking institutions and hospitality accommodation providers.
- Regularly review relationships to ensure cost-effectiveness and compliance.
- Oversee the office budget and signal issues to the Director as needed.
- Ensure on-time reporting of financial data to the NRC head office in Oslo (Global Finance and PnP Controller).
- In close collaboration with the Director, prepare and update annual budget and financial forecasting.
- In charge of managing relationship with external accounting services company, and general accounting matters including accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- In collaboration with NRC head office in Oslo, support annual audit process and ensure overall financial compliance.
- Support the management of any external grants and donor contracts related to the financing of NRC UK, including preparing donor budgets, financial reports, ensuring donor compliance etc.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- At least 3 to 5 year’s of experience in a similar position.
- Related UK market experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in administration and/or finance.
- Additional relevant training / education is an asset.
- Extensive professional experience in similar roles will be considered in the absence of a relevant university degree.
- Conscientious and structured person with strong analytical, planning and administrative skills.
- Experience of managing contractors and supplier contracts.
- Experience monitoring and reporting on budgets; preferably knowledge of accounting.
- Experience of facility management or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise diverse tasks, take initiative within areas of responsibility and raise issues to supervisor(s) as appropriate.
- Ability to communicate with clarity (orally and in writing), tact and cultural sensitivity.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, visit NRC.