Deadline: 12 March 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Support Manager in London, United Kingdom.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Support Manager will be responsible for developing, organising and coordinating office facilities, support procedures and resources to ensure compliance, effectiveness and efficiency of NRC UK-‘s operations.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Support Manager will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Assume overall responsibility for the smooth functioning of the NRC UK office in accordance with NRC’s policies and procedures.
- Oversee and, when necessary, develop procedures and processes to assist the Director in efficient management of office resources such as staff, finances, and information and communication technology.
- Ensure compliance with, and adherence to, NRC’s policies, guidance, procedures, tools, and handbooks.
- Ensure compliance by NRC UK with legal and regulatory frameworks in the United Kingdom. through proper submission, filing and retention of documents, including for tax and audit purposes.
- Maintain open and effective communication with staff at NRC headquarters on administrative, HR, ICT, legal, financial, and security matters.
- Oversee the physicalspace of the office, liaising with facility management to ensure proper functioning of equipment, availability of office supplies and proper billing for extra services.
- Manage external providers of business services such as consultants, banking institutions and hospitality accommodation providers.
- Regularly review relationships to ensure cost-effectiveness and compliance.
- Oversee the office budget and signal issues to the Director as needed.
- Ensure on-time reporting of financial data to the NRC head office in Oslo (Global Finance and PnP Controller).
- In close collaboration with the Director, prepare and update annual budget and financial forecasting.
- In charge of managing relationship with external accounting services company, and general accounting matters including accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- In collaboration with NRC head office in Oslo, support annual audit process and ensure overall financial compliance.
- Support the management of any external grants and donor contracts related to the financing of NRC UK, including preparing donor budgets, financial reports, ensuring donor compliance etc.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- At least 3 to 5 year’s of experience in a similar position.
- Related UK market experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in administration and/or finance.
- Additional relevant training / education is an asset.
- Extensive professional experience in similar roles will be considered in the absence of a relevant university degree.
- Conscientious and structured person with strong analytical, planning and administrative skills.
- Experience of managing contractors and supplier contracts.
- Experience monitoring and reporting on budgets; preferably knowledge of accounting.
- Experience of facility management or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise diverse tasks, take initiative within areas of responsibility and raise issues to supervisor(s) as appropriate.
- Ability to communicate with clarity (orally and in writing), tact and cultural sensitivity.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, visit NRC.