Deadline: 19 December 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Support Services Senior Assistant in Khartoum, Sudan.
The Support Services Senior Assistant will be responsible for the transparent and efficient provision of support services to UNMAS Sudan, including administration, travel, HR, finance and procurement.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Support Services Senior Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Administration and Travel
- Administration and Travel
- Assist in the organization of meetings, conferences, visits, workshops, etc.
- Assist with the coordination of travel (processing of travel authorizations, booking airline tickets and making of hotel reservations) and register each activity on the Travel Register in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Prepare documentation for security clearance, process hotel reservations, organize airport pickups, hospitality, protocol, customs and immigration support for visiting UN/UNDP officials as necessary.
- Act as a custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Assist in managing office provision of cleaning and maintenance and repair services.
- Human Resources
- Contribute to HR policy development and corporate HR initiatives by assisting to collect data on trends, risks and opportunities and sharing local HR best practices.
- Assist with projects in support of HR initiatives to attain business objectives in line with corporate HR strategy.
- Work closely with supervisors and support with monitoring of leave, entitlements, managing Identity Cards, induction and separations, and other HR related issues.
- Finance and Procurement Support
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Assist in in providing updates to the office’s procurement business processes mapping and to the elaboration of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Assist in drafting bidding documents, evaluation reports and contract award submissions, ensuring consistency in format and content.
- Process invoices for goods and services delivered ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation and timely payment. Follow up to completion and inform clients.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- First-Level University Degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) with minimum 1 year experience in either Procurement, Finance, Human Resources, Administration/Support Services or Logistics is required.
- High School Diploma (Secondary school or equivalent) with minimum 5 year’s experience in either Procurement, Finance, Human Resources, Administration/Support Services or Logistics is required.
- Technical/Professional Diploma with 3 years of relevant experience in either Procurement, Finance, Human Resources, Administration/Support Services or Logistics is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in Procurement, Finance, Human Resources, Logistics or Administration.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience in handling web-based management systems is required.
- 1 year of experience in procurement is required.
- Knowledge of the Sudan public sector is desired.
- Fluency in English (speaking, writing and reading) is required.
- Fluency in Arabic (speaking, writing and reading) is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applicants must submit a CV and cover letter along with their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.