Deadline:10 June 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Team Assistant in Johannesburg, South Africa. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Team Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide high quality support to the department/team, including scheduling of appointments, monitor documents for signature/approval.
- Monitor and follow up on issues and priorities; handle incoming correspondence and internal and external queries.
- Draft and handle routine correspondence.
- Provide primary assistance in the implementation of the teams work program, including some specialized support in a specific area(s), e.g. task management, procurement, database management, information technology, editorial assistance, etc.
- Identify and resolve diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining the appropriate application.
- Suggest ways to enhance work organization and effectiveness.
- Exercise quality enhancement function for project and other documents by ensuring adherence to departmental and institutional guidelines.
- Serve as an information resource on status of projects/products and draft a variety of standard project-related correspondence.
- Act as back-up to other ACS colleagues in the office in their absence or during a busy period.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at 2 – 3 year’s relevant work experience in a large multinational organization.
- Proficiency in office productivity tools (including MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- High degree of judgment and tact in handling, processing and communicating matters of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- High degree of motivation, initiative, flexibility and reliability.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a range of contacts internally and externally and deal effectively with diverse situations which require good judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-orientated, multi-cultural environment, and function as an effective team member in various groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to prepare draft communications and ensure quality of written outputs.
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Fluency in English.
- French is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IFC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.