Deadline: 24 December 2019
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Team Assistant in Kathmandu, Nepal. The duration of this post is 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Team Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide primary assistance in the implementation of the unit’s work program, including some specialized support in a specific area(s), e.g. task management, database management, editorial assistance, procurement, etc.
- Assist staff in managing stakeholder relationships, which includes both internal and external IFC clients.
- Identify and resolving diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining an appropriate application.
- Understand of IFC guidelines and procedures for project cycles; serving as information resource on status of projects.
- Ensure effective filing of a variety of documents and correspondence, including primary project information, appropriate clearances, uploading and downloading documents in Idesk/ASOP etc.
- Serve as an information resource on status of project/products (e.g. procurement, contract management, portfolio monitoring & reporting) and drafting a variety of correspondence.
- Undertake ad hoc inquiries in standard and non-standard databases.
- Retrieve, maintain and presenting data.
- Attend meetings and participating in field work and other program activities as may be required by the Manager/Transaction Leaders.
- Suggest ways to enhance work organization and effectiveness.
- Attend meetings, drafting minutes and ensuring timely clearance and distribution.
- Work closely with other ACS staff in the office and providing back-up support to other Team and Program assistants.
- Mentor less experienced supporting staff, proactively sharing knowledge and information, promoting cooperation within ACS community and suggesting ways of enhancing efficiency.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience, demonstrated capability to work in teams and implement processes and systems efficiently.
- Excellent written communication skills, ability to draft a variety of correspondence and edit materials independently.
- Experienced working within tight deadlines and under pressure; flexibility to work overtime during peak periods.
- Demonstrated capacity to multitask and prioritize workload, work with minimal supervision with initiative and resourcefulness.
- Ability to follow through team’s priorities and respond to requests for information in a timely manner.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, tact and high level of discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and sound judgment to effectively deal with staff at all levels.
- Full proficiency in Nepali and English, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency and prior experience in MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.