Deadline: 29 September 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Team Assistant in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The duration of this post is 2 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Team Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Carry out full range of office support work, including managing processes and monitoring schedules related to their team’s/unit’s products and tasks.
- Coordinate extensively with service units and liaise frequently with team members both at headquarters and in the field, as well as external counterparts.
- Work regularly and substantially in more than one language, to include translating/drafting a variety of standard documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and other languages, etc.
- Incorporates agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
- Coordinate schedules taking priorities into account, monitors changes, and communicates the information to appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including officials outside the Bank Group.
- Maintains current distribution list, phone/address lists of projects/product contacts, and distributes documents for the teams.
- Maintains up-to-date work unit project and other files.
- Assist in preparations and logistical planning for events which are one day or less.
- Assist Task Team Leader (TTL) in hiring process of consultants and firms.
- Destination specific Trip Plan to be prepared with the team and submitted to Road Safety Focal Point, Security Focal Point & Receptionist.
- Assist to exercise quality enhancement for all mail and document editing and transmitting to the client; includes formatting/spell check, etc.
- Assist the Business Unit when there is high volume of work and in planning for general missions in times of high volume and as requested by the Line Manager.
- Routine mission scheduling.
- Assist teams to prepare documents needed for Board dates/changes, timelines, updating milestones, check date in operations portal for accuracy, monitor task budgets within the teams or clusters.
- Assist teams to track overdue monitoring reports, procurement packages, actions outlined in aide-memoires and, coordinate with safeguard teams on category A disclosure of documents, work with Operations Analysts for preparation of Operations Meetings, milestones – ISRs, midterm review dates updated in the system, etc.
- Assist in monitoring Implementation Completion and Results Reports delivery dates, flag extensions to the teams.
- Work closely with other staff within the unit to make a significant contribution to the overall achievement of the unit’s work program.
Applicants must have:
- High school diploma with 2 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.