Deadline: 8 May 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Team Assistant in Kigali, Rwanda . The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Team Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Operational and administrative support
- Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc., according to World Bank format and distribution.
- Collect and input data provided by Task Team Leaders (TTLs) into the central database, including processing new project status reports.
- Keep abreast of the Organization’s directives and ensure effective processing of all project documents.
- Draft correspondence (standard letters, memos, etc.) conforming to the Organization’s regional standards, using proper grammar, punctuation and style and proofread materials.
- Draft minutes of meetings and provide assistance in editing large documents.
- Maintain up-to-date unit project files (both paper and electronic) and retrieve data from various sources and compile these for use by the TTLs.
- Program Leader, Country Director and/or the Country Management Unit (CMU).
- Information Management and Client interaction
- Answer internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, take accurate and comprehensive telephone messages, and route them to appropriate persons to handle.
- Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team.
- Co-ordinate with service units, and liaise frequently with team members both in Washington and in the Country Office.
- Track and report on appropriate aspects of the Team’s operational activities.
Applicants must have:
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Office Management or Business Administration.
- Minimum 3 year’s relevant work experience in a large International or Service or Private Sector Organization.
- Proficiency in using advanced functions on Bank standard computer applications (Windows applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of and ability to execute diverse work procedures related to the timely processing and production of assigned outputs and supporting administrative activities.
- Applied knowledge of Bank’s organization, procedures and practices, including Bank records management and filing procedures.
- Demonstrated use of initiative and ability to make appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipate next steps; and to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the team leader and respond to requests for information.
- Ability to pass relevant Bank tests (e.g. English language, computer applications, etc.) as required.
- Proficiency French / English skills (verbal and written), including ability to draft routine correspondence and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.