Deadline: 23 July 2019
World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Team Assistant in Manila, Philippines.The duration of this post 3 years.
The Team Assistant will provide a full range of administrative support functions, which also includes quality assurance, liaison with internal and external clients, and general research and reference work.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Team Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Carries out the full range of office support work, including managing processes and monitoring schedules related to the team’s/unit’s products and tasks.
- Organize and manages the Program Leader’s meeting schedule and flow of communications, including the responsibility for taking any follow-up actions.
- Coordinate extensively with service units and liaises frequently with team members both at headquarters and in the field, as well as external counterparts.
- Draft routine correspondence and proofreads materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style.
- Incorporate agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
- Use word processing or desktop publishing skills to produce complex text, reports, figures, graphs, etc., according to standard Bank formats and distribution.
- Coordinate schedules taking priorities into account, monitors changes, and communicates the information to appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including officials outside the Bank Group.
- Solve non-routine problems (e.g., responds to requests requiring file search, etc.).
- Assist in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, etc.
- In conjunction with and under guidance from staff in a specific discipline (i.e., Resource Management, etc.), monitors specific activities, (i.e., task budget, etc.) within their teams or clusters.
- Track assigned task/project steps/timetables, coordinates with relevant staff and provides assistance and/or information on project-related matters.
- Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distributes documents for the team.
- Maintain up-to-date work unit project and other files (both paper and electronic).
- Assist team or work unit by translating/drafting a variety of routine documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and other languages.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of relevant office administration experience, preferably with international development organizations.
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders including clients in the government, private sector and civil society, development partners and Bank staff.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and proficiency of technology or/and systems relevant to functional area.
- Ability to coach less experienced staff on relevant technology and systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Filipino.
- Willingness to take up additional ad-hoc responsibilities other than duties directly related to this position whenever needed.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.