Deadline: 10 August 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support and participate in the conduct and dissemination of studies/surveys carried out by Cooperation and Collaboration with the United Nations System (CCU).
- Assist in providing research and analytical support in relation to country focus, to senior members of the Department.
- Support the design and development of induction materials with the relevant counterparts as well as in monitoring their implementation.
- Organize and participate in meetings and prepare reports and other documents relating to CCU programmatic areas.
- Contribute to the preparation and development of communication and advocacy materials related to CCU.
- Maintain CCU’s intranet and internet pages ensuring regular updates with relevant information.
- Perform other duties as required and instructed.
Applicants must have:
- First level university degree in development studies or health related field.
- Post-graduate degree in public health, health administration.
- At least 2 year’s experience in the area of development, public health and/or project management.
- Excellent research and analytical skills in the fields of policies and strategies formulation and evaluation.
- Excellent writing skills in English to contribute to written reports/documents by other senior professional staff and to identify critical issues and prepare a variety of documents, briefing materials.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Good communication (oral/written) and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work in a team and contribute to a team effort.
- Computer literacy in standard office applications, share points and modern communication methods.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.