Deadline: 24 July 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Geneva, Switzerland.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate, in close consultation with the WHO Senior Lead on the SDG3 GAP, the work of the Secretariat of the Global Action Plan for Healthy Lives and Well-being for All, ensuring that regular meetings of the Secretariat take place to discuss progress, guide work and prioritize the allocation of resources.
- Manage the financial resources to support the implementation of the GAP.
- As part of the SDG3+ Global Action Plan Secretariat team, serve as Secretary of the Sherpa group and lead preparations of meetings of Principals.
- Ensure the timely development of agenda, background material and reports for each Sherpa meeting including regular updates to Sherpas.
- As part of the SDG3+ Global Action Plan Secretariat team, manage and coordinatethe implementation of the Global Action Plan and bolster collaboration among the signatory agencies to achieve better health.
- Liaise with HQ and regional level focal points and WHO country offices to support implementation of the plan within WHO and identify potential bottlenecks.
- Build strong partnerships with accelerator leads of other agencies to support implementation and identify bottlenecks.
- Oversee and ensure progress against the workplan.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s level or above) in political science, business administration, international development, public health, medical sciences or related field.
- At least 10 year’s of experience in intergovernmental and interagency collaboration in the area of sustainable development, strategic planning, development of health policies and strategies, project management and policy analysis, coordination of development cooperation, including at country level, or related field (or any combination of the foregoing).
- Experience in working horizontally and vertically.
- Excellent organizational, project management and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Knowledge of the WHO and UN systems.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.