Deadline: 19 May 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer (Programme Management) in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Officer (Programme Management) will perform the following functions:
- Oversee management of fixed assets in EPI field offices and local inventory by ensuring timely action on inclusion of write-offs of items and accuracy of reports.
- Oversee the travel arrangements of EPI field personnel.
- Assist in fleet management and security compliance of EPI field operations.
- Budget and Finance
- Initiate development/strengthening of financial standard operating procedure (SOPs) enabling effective management and functioning of field offices centrally.
- Prepare budget for work plans, including detailed budget breakdown for activities during implementation.
- Review and assist in the disbursement transactions as per the approved project work plan by conducting budget review and monitoring all claims/vouchers/transactions received to ensure compliance with the WHO rules and regulations.
- Analyze and provide regular updates on the financial situation and variance analysis based on comparison of expenditures against budget planned in the work plans.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration or Commerce with specialization in Finance, Accounting or Financial Management.
- Advanced Degree in business management.
- At least 2 year’s of experience, in administration, accounting and finance or other work related to the duties to be performed.
- International working experience in developing countries.
- Experience of working with ERP systems.
- Experience of working in a programme environment.
- Ability to coordinate with partners/donors and technical and UN agencies, to analyse complex data, to prepare concise reports to management.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.