Deadline: 6 October 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Training Officer in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 12 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Training Officer will perform following functions:
- Ensure UNEP is in compliance with Mandatory trainings and the Performance Appraisal System (ePerformance); oversees and monitors its implementation throughout UNEP in collaboration with the Chief Human Resources Advisor.
- Contribute to the design, development, delivery and evaluation of training, learning and development programmes for staff.
- Coordinate and develop learn support mechanisms and activities for civilian staff and building the capacity of staff.
- Provide input into the preparation and monitoring of the training budget.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of training, learning and development activities and develops appropriate reports.
- Provide advisory services to managers and staff, to ensure that training and development meets current needs and anticipates to the extent possible future needs.
- Develop tools and participates in the assessment of training needs, collection and collation of required inputs and preparation of relevant reports.
- Collaborate with UN Environment Programme staff to ensure that an integrated approach to training and development is maintained and integrated training is developed and delivered to meet cross- cutting needs.
- Coordinate the provision of administrative and logistical support for the delivery of training programmes and team activities; this may include completion of requirements in recruiting consultants and training service providers.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in training or learning and development, management, public or business administration, education, gender or a related area such as education or social science.
- First-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in workforce learning and development, adult learning, training, or a related area is required.
- Experience in the design and practical delivery of formal training sessions and programmes is required.
- Basic Knowledge in French languages is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.