Deadline: 31 July 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of UN Coordination Analyst in Dili, East Timor. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The UN Coordination Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate preparation of UNCT meetings, including preparing the agenda, preparing and filing documentation and minutes, overseeing the logistics, following up on pending decisions, circulating information to the UNCT in a timely and analytical manner.
- Coordinate UNDAF Annual Review, Mid-Year Review and Mid-Term Review workshops, including dissemination of invitations, logistical preparations, etc.
- Prepare information briefing kits upon request, including translation when needed.
- Provide referral services for agencies without field representation to access national institutions and processes and for national partners to access the expertise of agencies without field representation.
- Provide technical support to the RC in strengthening the capacity of the UNCT to develop, coordinate, and implement the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF.
- Ensure that appropriate linkages are made to other ongoing programmatic initiatives, including national development plans and priorities as well as donor strategies.
- Participate and provide support to inter-agency working groups on a number of socio-economic issues.
- Identify sources of information related to coordination; best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to country policy goals.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any related field.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
- At least 2 years of relevant experience (programmatic and administrative experience) for Bachelor’s degree and zero years of experience for Master’s degree.
- Knowledge about the UN and RC system would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English and excellent writing skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.