Deadline: 5 May 2017
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Unit Head, Portfolio Management in Manila, Philippines.
The Unit Head, Portfolio Management will support design and implementation of selected urban sector and water supply projects in parallel, as required.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Unit Head, Portfolio Management will perform the following functions-
- Develop and advise the team leaders of strategic approaches for continuously improving portfolio management, with focus on: implementation arrangements; procurement modes; compliance with safeguards; and results monitoring and reporting.
- Review project design and monitoring framework and project implementation arrangements at project processing stage, in particular, their consistency with sector result profile.
- Help in mainstream the Urban Development and Water Division (CWUW) Management Information System and recommend improvements to the system for better reliability, accuracy, and usability.
- Help in the formulation of urban and water supply/sanitation strategies and approaches in the Central and West Asian region as well as ADB-wide, based on lessons learnt in project implementation.
- Help ensure proper coordination between Headquarters and Resident Missions (RMs) for consistency of approach, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement of practices and integration of urban development and urban transport policy commitments in the design as well as management of projects.
- Coordinate all aspects of the division’s compliance with the e-Ops requirements.
- Prepare CWUW’s monthly, quarterly and annual portfolio management reports (i.e. contract awards, disbursements, project completion report/TA completion report program).
- Lead the provision of HQ inputs to country portfolio reviews and other country programming activities in terms of portfolio review, updating and assessment.
- Lead in the review of portfolio performance by sector/country and preparation of initiatives to promote project quality and improve portfolio performance.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in engineering, management or other related fields.
- University degree in engineering, management or other related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Procurement Accreditation Skills Scheme (PASS) accreditation preferred (non-accredited applicants may be considered though will be required to complete accreditation within 1 year of appointment.).
- At least 12 years of relevant international experience in planning, project implementation and administration, information monitoring, management, and reporting at senior levels (e.g. leading projects).
- Experience in urban and water supply sectors is preferred.
- Ability to provide leadership for solving difficult implementation problems, managing complex project, and supporting loan processing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.