Deadline: 26 July 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Advocacy Specialist in New York, United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Advocacy Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Develop an advocacy and communications strategy (2018-2021) to ensure UNICEF and partners realize their ambitious goals on maternal and child nutrition.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with other advocacy priorities of UNICEF and partners in the areas of child survival, growth, and development.
- Provide strategic communication inputs to the development and execution of UNICEF’s global communication initiatives and campaigns in support of UNICEF’s mission, objectives, and brand.
- Explore and recommend ways to enhance UNICEF’s overall advocacy, communication, and outreach efforts; use resources strategically to optimize overarching results.
- Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders whose advocacy and communications support is essential to the achievement of advocacy and communication objectives.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced degree in Communications, Public Policy, Political Science, International Development, Public Administration, International Relations, or other related field.
- At least 8 years of experience in advocacy, communications, and campaigns, preferably at a global and national level.
- Experience in developing clear theories of change, with specific, measurable, and timebound objectives and performance indicators.
- Knowledge of international development, humanitarian issues, and children’s rights.
- Experience working for an advocacy or campaigning organization (e.g. international or national NGO, UN or other multilateral organization).
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.