Deadline: 9 September 2018
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Agribusiness Advisor in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Agribusiness Advisor will support the achievement of the SWA project’s ambition of improving irrigated agriculture technology, fostering the marketing systems, strengthening and linkages development of the industry players, through leading the project’s capacity building strategy in developing and providing targeted market based solutions.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Agribusiness Advisor will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Design overall enterprise and marketing development strategy; encompass market led / value chain development approach to be integrated in all outcome areas to unlock growth; increase productivity, employment and income, enhance innovation adoption and uptake, embed sustainability; socio-economic and environmentally sustainability.
- Facilitate development of commercial / business linkages.
- Promote and profile innovation and investment funds.
- Design a strategy to strengthen linkages between stakeholders – governments’ representatives and the private sector.
- Maintain working relations with relevant government line ministries and private sector / research institutions to coordinate the adoption and uptake of innovations and/or approaches in irrigation agriculture development.
- Support identification of market-led / sustainable agro-based economic opportunities and assist in understanding and implementation of demand-driven, commercialization approach to rural development based on access to markets.
- Develop or facilitate training modules for project staff related to the key decision making tools for market analysis and program intervention design.
- Provide support and guidance to the project manager to develop, review, oversee and review project strategy and activities related to the implementation of the project according to the project proposal.
- And any other duty that may be assigned by the project manager from time to time.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ related experience; or a Master’s degree and 3 years’ related post-graduation experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in the following or related field’s agriculture economics, business administration, public administration, agriculture policy, etc.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in value chain and market access related, and/or analysis/research of agribusiness and/or socio-economic development projects.
- Practical experience supporting the development of farmers’ and farmers’ enterprises.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with private sector players (financial institutions, exporters, buyers, traders, transporters, input suppliers or processors).
- Skill in training, facilitation, networking, interpersonal relationships and familiarity with commonly used tools for market analysis and program design.
- An understanding of climate-smart agriculture principles is preferred.
- Higher than average competence in MS Office applications.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit SNV.