Deadline: 25 June 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication for Development Officer in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication for Development Officer will perform the following functions-
- In collaboration with UNICEF and government officials, and other relevant partners in Cox’s Bazar district, design, budget, manage, execute and monitor C4D micro-strategies and plans of action for increased under Local Governance for Children-LGC programme:
- Community engagement for social norm change and promoting desired behaviours and practices.
- Demand for and access to quality basic services including behaviour development/change at the individual/household levels.
- Social mobilization of civil society organizations, governmental partners and others for sustainable results within regular programming and during emergency preparedness and response.
- Provide technical support for planning and implementing C4D/ SBCC/ demand-side components of Child Protection, Education, HIV/AIDS, Health, Nutrition, and WASH programmes in the select Upazilas of the district.
Applicants must have-
- A university degree in 1 of the following fields is required: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in 1 or more of the following areas is required: social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.