Deadline: 8 January 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Specialist in New York, United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Develop, implement and regularly update a DFAM communication strategy and editorial calendar, in support of the Division’s priorities and work plans.
- Design, produce and disseminate impactful and attractive communications promoting DFAM initiatives, targeted to specified audiences globally and adapted to multiple media formats and languages as appropriate.
- Support executive communications, including speeches, presentations and other internal and external messages and opportunities, and provide communications coordination with OED and other offices.
- Deliver editorial and operational support to colleagues in the development and implementation of internal communications.
- Lead the communication process as it relates to management improvement initiatives, ensuring that key results and relevant success stories are incorporated into strategic communications outreach.
- Manage the DFAM intranet, collaboration (SharePoint) and community (Yammer) platforms to maximize the impact of DFAM messages across the organization.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or equivalent in communications, PR, marketing, media relations, journalism, international relations, development or another relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in 1 or more of the following areas: public relations, communications, journalism, marketing or advocacy, of which at least 3 years at the international level required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in media relations and advocacy campaigns at the international level, using traditional and social media, multi-media and a variety of platforms required.
- Understanding of international development issues and previous experience with a multilateral or UN organization is a strong asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of French and Spanish is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.