Deadline: 10 June 2020
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of External Affairs and Advocacy Manager in United Kingdom.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The External Affairs and Advocacy Manager will perform the following functions-
- Oversea VSO’s Parliamentary and political engagement in the UK
- Represent VSO externally at the highest levels in the UK and with key international institutions to deliver on VSO’s organisational and advocacy objectives, including with senior political stakeholders.
- Provide expert political insight, political judgement, briefings, intelligence and advice to senior internal stakeholders (including the CEO), to inform advocacy priorities, advise senior leaders and support the organisation’s reputation.
- Effectively manage the UK Parliamentary relations officer to develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers in the UK and deliver on VSO’s Parliamentary programme.
- Lead the coordination of VSO’s response to all relevant Government and political consultations, effectively gathering input from relevant stakeholders to produce high quality submissions.
- Support VSO’s work in championing public support for international development with returned volunteer networks in the UK through effective management of Volunteer Engagement Officer.
- Coordinate VSO’s Global Advocacy Strategy and positioning work
- Work across VSO’s programme teams to develop evidence-based advocacy positions on key issues to support our external engagement work and deliver on VSO’s Global Advocacy strategy.
- Work with coalitions and key external partners including the Volunteer Groups Alliance to champion the role of volunteering in delivering the SDGs – including though coordinating VSO’s global engagement in SDG review processes (Voluntary National Reviews and the High Level Political Forum).
- Actively seek opportunities and support the voice and evidence from VSO’s primary actors and volunteers to engage in relevant debates and international fora.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Strong understanding of UK political structures, processes and policy-making.
- Demonstrable ability to analyse and synthesise complex information into briefing material appropriate for key external stakeholders.
- Experience of developing and implementing lobbying strategies (within the UK or internationally) with a track record of success.
- Substantial experience of representation at a senior level.
- Experience in dealing and negotiating with co-workers at all levels and across different cultures.
- Proven experience of developing and maintaining a broad range of relevant, positive working relationships, both external and internal.
- Ability to maintain a proactive and accessible approach under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and use of emotional intelligence in a variety of contexts.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit VSO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.