Deadline: 22 March 2020
The Transparency International (IT) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Global Security Manager in Berlin, Germany. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Global Security Manager will perform the following functions:
- Build capacity for security in National Chapters including a network of security focal points to act as security representatives in their geographic areas.
- Serve as the primary focal point for safety and security for staff at the Secretariat in Berlin, and for our National Chapters.
- Lead crises management efforts.
- Develop, implement, monitor and update the necessary security policies and documentation.
- Coordinate with the Technology team on issues regarding information security and cyber security.
- Contribute to the communications rapid response unit which develops responses to incidents in the form of statements and press releases.
- Investigate or support the investigation of security incidents.
- With support of the Fundraising team, draft and review funding applications, implement grants and report to funders.
- Monitor local and regional security conditions and liaise and coordinate with National Chapters and other partners in affected countries.
- Oversee travel risk management and duty of care for Secretariat staff.
- Undertake travel (approx. 20-40%) to movement stakeholders, including to high threat environments and in crises situations.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent education in a relevant topic.
- Additional professional certification in security or risk management (e.g. CPP) desired.
- Substantial NGO or civil society security experience – a plus if related to advocacy, journalism or human rights.
- Minimum 7+ year’s of experience of security management, preferably including global headquarter settings.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering capacity development in security.
- Experience with risk analysis in geographies such as Africa, Latin America, Asia, and the Middle East a strong advantage.
- Experience of setting up and running crises management functions desired.
- Strong communication skills and protocol awareness required for conveying complex security and risk issues to laypersons, operational decision makers and external partners.
- Written and spoken fluency in English, additional languages a plus.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, visit Transparency International.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.