Deadline: 22 July 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of HR Legal Specialist in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The HR Legal Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Advising UNOPS managers and HR personnel on substantive and procedural questions related to the management and administration of UNOPS personnel, including the rights and responsibilities, of UNOPS personnel.
- Serving as focal point for all legal questions related to personnel grievances, harassment, and conduct.
- Advising the UNOPS Internal Audit and Investigations Group (IAIG) on procedural requirements of investigations.
- Assisting the HR Legal Specialist on disciplinary matters in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Identifying cases that are amenable to informal resolution, and negotiating possible settlements.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in law is required.
- A first level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) and additional 2 years’ experience in the practice of law may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in legal practice.
- These 5 years must include practical advocacy experience in litigation.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.