Deadline: 22 July 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of HR Legal Specialist in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The HR Legal Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Advising UNOPS managers and HR personnel on substantive and procedural questions related to the management and administration of UNOPS personnel, including the rights and responsibilities, of UNOPS personnel.
- Serving as focal point for all legal questions related to personnel grievances, harassment, and conduct.
- Advising the UNOPS Internal Audit and Investigations Group (IAIG) on procedural requirements of investigations.
- Assisting the HR Legal Specialist on disciplinary matters in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Identifying cases that are amenable to informal resolution, and negotiating possible settlements.
Applicants must have-
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in law is required.
- A first level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) and additional 2 years’ experience in the practice of law may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in legal practice.
- These 5 years must include practical advocacy experience in litigation.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.