Deadline: 23 July 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Regional Head of Advocacy, Media and Communications in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Regional Head of Advocacy, Media and Communications will perform the following functions:
- Define and coordinate the Central and West Africa region’s strategic advocacy response.
- Further build sub-regional advocacy approaches to address shared issues in the Central Sahel, Lake Chad Basin, Central Africa, and the Great Lakes by maximizing available capacities in Country Offices and leveraging support from Representational Offices.
- Leads on advocacy and media collaboration with partners, including UN agencies and civil society.
- Manage performance and staff development of the Regional Advocacy, Media and Communications unit.
- Support Country Offices to develop country-level advocacy plans which include identified protection and program priorities.
- Ensure coordinated linkages between Country Offices and NRC’s Representation Offices, NRC’s Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC), and the Head Office Advocacy and Media Section in order to leverage resources and effectively maximize the advocacy reach to target audiences.
- Co-lead the Access and Humanitarian Principles Task Force of the Regional Inter-Agency Standing Committee with OCHA.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 5 year’s of relevant Advocacy experience within the humanitarian field, including demonstrated management and leadership.
- Advanced professional knowledge and experience with advocacy campaigns work.
- Relevant experience with media work, including strategy development and media engagement.
- Relevant experience with strategic planning and professional networking.
- Demonstrated skills in organizational representation and public speaking.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent writing, editing and language skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in French and English.
- Knowledge of the conflict and humanitarian context in Central and West Africa.
- Understanding of International Humanitarian and Human Rights Law.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.