Deadline: 27 October 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant in Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 6 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Support Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Organize and conduct food retail supply chain and markets assessments to identify and contract wholesalers/retailers.
- Administer wholesalers/retailers contracts (maintain a contracts tracking database) and monitor/track retailers performances in coordination with partners, and based on well-established key performance indicators.
- Perform and coordinate food quality control activities, and manage the mobile point of sales (mPOS) equipment in coordination with IT SCOPE team.
- Perform reconciliations of wholesalers/retailers transactions data, verify and process retailers invoices, and process payment requests.
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance and related training.
- Minimum requirement is completion of secondary school education coupled with relevant experience.
- 3 or more year’s progressively responsible work experience in supply chain, logistics, or procurement with experience in general administrative work.
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
- Fluency in oral and written local languages is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.