Deadline: 23 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Officer in Jalalabad, Afghanistan.
The Communication Officer will assist in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating an advocacy and communication strategy to get children’s and women’s issues into the public domain, strengthen political will in support of UNICEF’s mission and objectives in the country.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Officer will perform the following functions-
- Timely executed and followed up to support country communication strategy, regional and global campaigns and priorities, and to support resource mobilization as set out in the work plan.
- Effective and timely professional assistance and support are provided in developing, drafting and maintaining contact information, materials and relationships with journalists and media outlets covering all media – print, TV, radio, web etc. – in the country to communicate the story of UNICEF’s cooperation to a wider audience.
- Regular monitoring and evaluation activities are undertaken according to the work plan to ensure maximum impact and continuous improvement of country communication efforts.
- Results and reports are prepared and shared on a timely basis.
- Office’s contact list of individuals, groups, organizations and fora (including Government, UN, and bilateral counterparts) is maintained and further developed, whose support is essential to/can assist in achieving the advocacy and communication objectives and who support and are able to actively participate in special events and activities that further the country programme goals.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field.
- 2 years of practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media or interactive digital media.
- Field work experience.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of the local language is required.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.