Deadline : 21 February 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Kabul, Afghanistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Provide Leadership and Technical Guidance for Programmes.
- Coordinate UNICEF Engagement with EiE within and outside UNICEF.
- Provide guidance in development and establishment of contingency plans, monitoring, tracking performance and reporting on results.
- Support efforts to mobilize resources for education in emergencies and monitor results.
- Support human resource and capacity building needs for education in emergencies.
- Ensure the development of effective communication materials and strategies to support advocacy and social mobilization efforts for EiE.
- Contribute to the management of the education section and develops and manages Rolling Work Plans for the EiE component of the Afghanistan country programme.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required: education, economics, psychology, sociology or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 year’s of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Familiarity/ background with emergency is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.