Deadline: 31 May 2016
Palladium is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Management Specialist in Afghanistan.
The Health Management Specialist will act as a resource and a catalyst to the MoPH and other GIRoA entities as it considers and implements critical sector-wide reforms that will be required to make the system more resilient and sustainable.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Participate in the design and implementation of technical support activities related to governance, management and policy to assist the Ministry of Health.
- Interact and collaborate regularly with the Government of Afghanistan stakeholders relevant to governance such multilateral partners and donor agencies.
- Represent the project and company in the health governance area in Afghanistan and with others in the professional community.
- Conducts all work to accepted and appropriate standards of research ethics.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Provide assistance to others on the HSR team on matters related to governance and related research and evaluation efforts.
- Supervise short-term local consultants and subcontractors assigned to health governance activities.
Applicants must have-
- Degree in public health, and/or health administration and/or health management or related area.
- Advanced degree a plus.
- Additional degree in health related area also a bonus.
- 5 years of work experience in health leadership and governance areas on projects of similar size and complexity.
- 5 of years of demonstrated professional experience in projects of similar size or complexity.
- Understanding of Afghanistan health system a plus.
- Experience in mentoring staff and building capacity of individuals and teams.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English for high-level policy audiences.
- Ability and willingness to live in Kabul, Afghanistan full time.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Palladium.